Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May Days

Did someone say "French Macarons?"

I finally got to take some pics, and here are a couple I made for my father-in-law's birthday...


These almond treats are surprisingly simple to create, you just need a bit of time to wait and the right piping consistency.  I tried a few recipes, but I think I will stick with the no-aging-egg-white method.  I added the colouring as the last step so I didn't have to make so many batches.  I filled it with hazelnut chocolate spread, but could have easily used buttercream or ganache.  YUM!

Happy Birthday, Ralph!

* * *

My son's school had their fun fair and I wanted to do something different... so I decided to donate two dozen sugar cookies in a basket.  I figured, people were more likely to bid on an item they could see in person.  I hope the highest bidder enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment