Sunday, March 4, 2012

Go Leafs Go!


I had a request to make a cake for Saturday, no special design required, only that it had to say "Happy 70th Birthday Dad."

I found out he was a Toronto Maple Leafs fan... I can imagine how hard it is to be a Leafs fan (my husband is one, too)... at the time of the order, the Leafs lost 10 out of 11 games! As a result (and by fan demand), the head coach was fired and was replaced by another, who lead the team to a win this past Saturday night. What a nice birthday gift! :)

The cake was chocolate with sweet and rich chocolate icing. The top was made of fondant and gumpaste with the TML logo, and edible food marker. I used my new dough scraper (baby shower prize) to guide the icing into a smooth finish. Another plus with this icing recipe is that the cake can be left at room temperature for a few days without fear of "melting!"

Happy 70th Birthday!

1 comment: